Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging
Diversity, Equity, Inclusiveness & Belonging Statement
Approved 4/17/2021 Board of Trustees
Provide services to diverse populations regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, language, sexual orientation, national origin, health status, and physical or cognitive abilities. The Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes (SADS) Foundation is committed to diversity and inclusiveness among our communities, volunteer leadership, patients and families, healthcare providers and researchers. Our mission is to help everyone equally, without any discriminating factor – no matter what SADS condition impacts the individuals and families.
♥ Support access to appropriate and affordable healthcare services and therapies
- Support legislative efforts
- Advocate with third-party payers
♥ Foster engagement with diverse ethnicities among our communities
- Identify and welcome underrepresented groups, and identify unique obstacles
♥ Celebrate diversity and improve outreach to all conditions & populations
- Know our population – ethnicity, condition, treatment, etc.
- Develop messages to diverse communities
- Translate educational materials into diverse languages
- Support advocates and community leaders to reach diverse audiences consistently to promote health equity
♥ Encourage diverse representation and inclusion among SADS Foundation Board, staff and volunteer leadership committees
♥ Advocate for inclusion of under-represented populations in research to enable scientific discoveries that benefit all communities