Join the SADS Team
Membership Support Specialist
Are you looking for a job that makes a direct impact in the lives of families, with lots of room for career advancement? Do you want to help out a mission that saves lives – in a job where you can grow and personalize your position?
The SADS Foundation is hiring an Office Administrator, and we’re looking for someone who wants to keep growing with our rapidly expanding organization.
At SADS, we make a positive impact on the lives of those affected by genetic heart conditions. The Sudden Arrhythmia Death Syndromes (SADS) Foundation’s mission is to save the lives of children and young adults who are genetically predisposed to sudden death due to heart rhythm abnormalities. We provide education and support to patients and families who live with these conditions.
This is the perfect time to join our team. Researchers are driving key advancements for SADS conditions right now – including gene therapies – and there’s never been a more exciting time to be a part of our Foundation!
This would be a great opportunity for you if you …
- Live in the Salt Lake Valley
- Have experience in an administrative role
- Want to take charge of your position and make it your own – several current employees started at Administrator level and are now Directors
- Want to make a positive impact in the daily lives of thousands of families
- Have an interest in health, science, or nonprofit work
- Be the bridge between SADS resources and our community by helping personalize our communications, maintain information in our database, and connect our community with cutting-edge research
- Help us connect with and steward the donors who make our work possible through maintaining accurate records of donations and other membership transactions
- Assist our Executive Director and Program Director to coordinate educational and support programs for members and medical professionals
- Assist with the financial management at SADS, including some accounting duties and financial recordkeeping
- Fulfill material requests from volunteers, family members, and health professionals:
- SADS Awareness Month
- School Nurse Packets
- Family Packets
- Awareness Packets
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in an administrative role, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Nonprofit bookkeeping experience is a plus. (QuickBooks)
- Database experience.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
This is a hybrid full-time position, Monday-Friday with some flexibility in hours position – you will have to come to the office Tuesday and Thursdays (Our regular office hours are 9 AM to 5 PM.) and the option to work remotely Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Medical/Dental Benefits, PTO (vacation, sick leave, and paid holidays), Direct Deposit, and a great work environment are provided. A 403(b) plan is available.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, fill out the form below.